DD307 – TMA03 blues and project panic
So. Three TMAs completed for DD307 which have resulted in the 3 lowest scores of my degree. I really thought that I was going to score better on the project proposal than I did (after all, I managed to write a really good one for DD303 last year.) Unless I’m missing something, there’s not a huge amount of difference between the two courses in the skills required to put together a proposal. Literature searching, grounding your proposal in what’s been done before and so on. But the feedback was useful and I can use it to help with the actual project, so it’s not all bad.
It has meant that I’ve definitely had to lower my sights on what I might get as a final grade for this course. As TMA04 – the project itself – counts as 20% of the exam this year rather than as part of the continuous assessment, the best I can now achieve is a pass 2 overall as my TMA scores when averaged and substituted and weighted won’t get me anywhere near the 85% threshold. I’m comforting myself with the knowledge that as I already have a level 3 distinction in the bag from last year, provided I end up with at least a pass 3 then it won’t adversely affect my final degree classification.
With a little bit of the self-imposed pressure off, perhaps I’ll be able to enjoy the course a little more and think with greater clarity about it and what it all means.
It looks as if I should be able to do my group discussion sometime during w/c 6th June, assuming my tutor is happy with my ethical approval form corrections. That would leave me around 3 weeks to get the project written up properly (as the course team are insisting this one is returned by snail mail.) On the final weekend before the deadline I’m off to the festival of speed at Goodwood. As that was my Christmas present, there’s no way I want the project still hanging over me then!
I’ve barely blogged anything about SD226. I managed to get TMA02 in on time. It’s not as good as it could have been, but I think it was good enough. TMA03 will be a bit of a challenge though – it’s due in on the same day as the DD307 project. I therefore need to break the back of it over the coming bank holiday weekend I think – otherwise, I’m almost certainly going to have to ask for my first ever extension.
So I’m sat here in a state of mild panic about the volume of work that needs doing during June. It will feel really good when July arrives!