I’ve started to have a look at TMA02 in the last couple of days. Now that the DD303 experimental participation website (EPW) is up and running properly (never be an early adopter of anything!), the first task was to download the lexprime1.es file (as my birthday is an odd number), run it through E-Prime and upload the results. I’ve also written a note in BIG RED LETTERS on my draft report to remind me to make sure I include the results file with the TMA submission, as a small percentage of the marks for this assignment are gained for merely for remembering to provide a copy of your own results file!
I’ve spent tonight thinking about the actual experiment and the write-up and started to plan out an introduction including the hypotheses. I’ve also tried to draw myself a sketch of what the results graph might look like, but of course it won’t be possible to know what it really looks like until the merged datasets are available for download in a couple of weeks from now. So for the time being it’s now back to making notes on chapter 6 for me.
My TMA01 results are now back too, and I’m very happy with the result. Well, more than very happy as it’s my second highest mark ever on an OU TMA. This is in stark contrast to my first TMA for ED209, which remains the lowest mark I’ve ever been given. And the overall course grade for ED209 turned out more than all right in the end anyway.
I know I shouldn’t have, but I’ve now got this nagging little voice in the back of my head telling me the only way is down from here …