Progress with my MSc trundles on. I’m currently working on my second module assignment which to my great relief isn’t another essay. Instead, it consists of a number of short answer questions related to research methods .
Last weekend I managed to finish off around a quarter of the work and I’m hoping to make similar progress this weekend. Depending on how I feel when I’ve finished writing this, it may either involve me dusting off my copy of SPSS and crunching some numbers, or doing a piece of thematic analysis on an interview (and transcript) that we’ve been given. At the moment, I think that the stats questions seem slightly more appealing.
I’ve also made my debut on the university’s student blogging site this week. First posts are always incredibly difficult to write, but at least that’s one hurdle out of the way and I can concentrate on more interesting topics. (Yes, I know, not much hope of that is there …) For example, like why I changed the spelling of ‘realize’ to ‘realise’ on my first article a few hours after I’d hit the publish button – even though the OED tells me that I’m right and everyone else is wrong! Those of you who hounded me mercilessly until I made the change know who you are 🙂
Since I wrote my first post, I’ve had the result back for my early assignment. It’s worth all of 1/90th of the overall mark for the qualification, so in the big scheme of things it’s not particularly significant, but I’m pleased with my start.
I feel a little less like an imposter now.